Monthly Update - January



Winter in Norway

One - Stay fit. 

From the first week of January, I started going to the gym. I have no personal trainer. I just attended the introtimer - it's getting to know about the basics at the gym, what are the workout equipments that are in there and how to operate or use it. 

My favorites are the elliptical and the treadmill machines. I can watch tv or play music while doing the exercise so I don't get bored. Although we have an stationary bicycle at home, I seldom use it because I don't get the challenge I wanted like what I get from the gym. For me "The more, the merrier!" though, the place isn't that crowdy you know, so there are times when only two or three people around, I think that's cool. 

The only time I use the bike at the gym is when I get to finish a complete workout including lifting dumbbells and other stuff. Chill out a little bit, drink my water on the bottle and do other things (listen to my iPod or check if there's a message on the phone). When I get my normal pulse back, I go and change. I don't dare taking a shower at the gym, no thanks! 

By the way, I went to the gym 6 times this month max 90-minute each visit, so that was about once to twice a week sometimes. As a beginner, I think that's acceptable ayt? With this winter season we have here, well what can we expect? 

About the food I ate, a lot of fresh green salad and more protein from the meat. I had fruits for snacks, sometimes I did smoothie drinks out of strawberries and bananas or any fruits that were just for grabs. 

I couldn't resist eating without rice sometimes that's why I needed to have it once to twice a week, think that would be fine. Some sweets and junk foods kept sneaking but who am I to ignore 'em? Yeah I know, this time they aren't my friends :/

Two - Saved. 

I'm proud I was able to control myself spending and buying unnecessary stuff this month. 

Glad that our supposed to be trip to Sweden this month got cancelled for free (no charge), then it was money saved! 

Three - Socialized.

Lately, I've been visiting and seeing my (Pinoy) friends. Obviously I like the way our friendship(s) get along. I love the feeling that somehow I have friends I can turn and talk to when I need them.

Friends whether online or not are important part of our lives. It doesn't matter if you're married or single, we need friends we can talk to and cheer us up anyhow. 

That's all folks! Hope to share more accomplishments/updates by the end of the month.

***

By the way, the first Pinoy Bloggers Outreach (PBO) activity has been successfully made last January 8, 2013 at the White Cross Children's Home orphanage, Philippines. In behalf of all the other founding members and volunteers, we are truly happy and thankful for all your prayers, support and donations! May God bless us all.

If you want to know more about PBO and its latest updates, pls visit PBO Blog site and I encourage everyone to get involve!

Thank you!

Gracie

PBO Founding Member


Credit to Senyor

Comments

  1. awwww.... salamat sa mention madam... maganda ang iyong naisipan na bawat start ng following month ay may update ka sa mga nais mong makamit this year... at least you woud know (pati kami) ay malalaman kung adherent ka talaga sa life plan mo ngayong 2013...

    sige dalasan pa ang work out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga e, perfect sa pagsisimula ng taon. Dapat may aksyon at pagbabago.. kung mananatili at paulit-ulit ang routine like trabaho-bahay-trabaho, nakakasawa at nawawala ang challenge :)

      Delete
  2. Nice naman ng January mo Gracie! Healthy living, socializing at naka save pa. Ako puro socializing e wala ng na save at kain ng kain. Thank you again for being a founding member of PBO! Mwahs! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E kung ako naman siguro nasa kalagayan mo baka sakaling ganyan din gawin ko, lalo pa't di ka tumataba kahit anong dami kainin mo marZ, inggit ako sa metabolism mo hehe, pero ingat din health is wealth parin :)

      Delete
  3. Ako din nag start nakong mag gym last month. Pero jogging at sit up lang ako. Sana magtuloy tuloy na'to. Gow tayo sa saving money & socializing people.

    Go PBO :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all through out kamahalan, iPush ang three top priorities - Stay healthy, save money, and live life!

      Delete
  4. paturo din ng ilang mga teknik sa pagse-save. parang nahihirapan ako sa aspetong ito. to a healthy living, must na must! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hindi ako expert dito dahil minsan sumasablay pa rin ako lalo pagmay mga temptations like need ko bumili ng gadgets etc (na hindi naman importante), pero isa lang masi-share ko na dapat mong unahin - Set up your budget - determine and track your expenses, you can limit your desires in order to adjust your budget.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Rix, glad I have surpassed the first and hard step, that was motivating myself to exercise. I regret I haven't had started going to the gym before, but yeah it's never too late. Stay fit!

      Delete
    2. yep keri pa yan meym. go lang ng go! basta may tiyaga, masarap ang nilaga... ansave? ahaha.

      Delete
    3. Bawal ang nilaga diet nga diba hahaha!

      Delete
    4. ay ganun ba? sabi ko na nga ba may mali sa sinabi ko nyahahaha.

      Delete
  6. Yey, goodluck po sa fitness workout nyo Miss Gracie. Kayang kaya mo yan :))

    PBO <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fiel, hope I gain back my body weight, yan ang goal ko. Mahirap sa umpisa pero kakayanin, ako pa! hehe happy weekend!

      Delete
  7. three of the things i also have to consider to make my goals
    cam into reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can do this parecoy! Determination and discipline!!!

      Delete
  8. Grabe parang lahat nagbabagong buhay ako lang hindi. Kelangan ko ring maachieve lahat ng tatlong to lalo na yung pagpapayat pero hindi kelangan ko ring magsave at makipagsocialize. Haaay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In your case, you can do it one step at a time sis.. wag mong i-pressure sarili mo if you have other priorities than these ;) thank God it's friday! :)

      Delete
  9. I like the first part! Fitness! Patingin ng abs!

    At ang ganda ng photo, pang postcard ang dating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ngee hahaha! Mahirap i-achieve yan, diba experience mo din yan? Ikaw, san abs mo patingin? Promise post mo pa naman yun hahaha!

      Delete
    2. Expired na yong post ko! Hahaha ikaw na ngayon ang mag po post ng abs mo
      , antayin ko yan hahaha!

      Delete
    3. Hmm palusot ka talaga Super M ka pa naman! :P Pero gusto ko yang nata-challenge ako, sige wait lang til next year hmp!

      Delete
  10. Health is wealth pala ang peg mo ah.. Go go go MarG! Push mo pa yan.

    Saving din ang priority ko this year. Umover kasi ang gastos ko last year, napanindigan talaga namin ang ubusan ng yaman na peg ko, haha.

    I love your PBO pic! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha nabasa ko yan marJ ubusan ng yaman nyo ni marZ, take your time, enjoy life!

      Delete
  11. go for good health! good luck sa paggygym! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for good health ka din diba? Alams na ang tuhod at kasu-kasuan, kelangan matibay hehe

      Delete
  12. Healthy lifestyle po tayo ngayon ahh :))

    Saved! Kailangan ko rin yan! :)) -_- Buti pa po kayo nagawa nyo, ako pag may hawak na pera..... brooom! Hahaha!

    Socialized, pinakagusto kong part! Friends whether online or not are important part of our lives. Yessss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daming temptations dyan Pao, try mo magstay dito o sa malayong kabihasnan, matututo ka ring magsave haha kasi walang choice - mcdo lang affordable, friends malalayo! Thanks I have you as my online friend, o diba you made me feel so special pa dahil sa binigyan mo ako ng artwork mong 1st time mong ginawang technique, stippling! Thank you so much bunso! God bless you always.

      Delete
  13. 1. Yan na din ginagawa ko kaso nadidiscourage ako..ang sarap ng mga FOOD lately. hay..tas ang mahal din amging healthy.
    2. Yan! need ko mag save for my upcoming going home this march..dapat malaki maipon ko para ma treat ko mga kapatid ko tas si mama..tas mga friends na din..kaso inutang.. mababwi ko yun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bet ko #2 plan mo, go for it! Don't ya worry, baka malaki tax refund mo this year so mati-treat mo din sila ;) Good luck.

      Delete
  14. Wow gracie! That is my girl. Me rin sa trening studio 3 times a week. Styrketrening, pilates, yoga and zumba. But not this week coz I have sick.
    Pero sa pagkain ay d ko macontrol.the more i train, the more I eat:)
    About PBO outreach sa march, hope makasama ko. If not send na lang ko ng donation.
    By the way, ganda ng winter picture and your picture.
    Bless your heart dear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great, Gracie, I love to go to gym that's not crowded though. We have gym onsite in our apartment but too cold to go out and freeze my but off.hehehe..Congrats sa PBO nyo, ni like ko nga ang facebook fan page nyo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice one Gracie! Everything's going smoothly - Healthy life style, savings, social life and charity! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ay buti ka pa, nag-start na sa gym, nakakapag-save pero nakakadalaw pa rin sa friends, congrats! Ako, every weekend eh plano tumakbo-takbo o mag-jogging sa circle, di ko pa rin nagagawa hanggang ngayon, hirap talaga may sakit na tamaritis. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A Penny For Your Thoughts?

I would like to know what you guys think, so please don't hesitate to leave comments. Thank you so much!

Popular posts from this blog

One of the Finest Church in Norway

EMOTIONS

Pano nga ba ulit magblog?