Verdens Beste Kake

Last week I baked the World's Best Cake(WBC) for the first time, in norwegian it is called "Verdens Beste Kake". People normally here in Norway bake their own breads, cakes and pastries. Not all of course can bake but at least they try. Norway is a very expensive place to live in so it is good to be a little practical in some ways. 

I came here in the year 2007 and the only thing I could bake was "Pudding". Anyway I have my aunt, my second cousin and my sister who lives here too. They are good cake bakers. Once or twice a year, we gather for family reunions and the parties won't be complete without cakes. And one of their specialties is the WBC. 

I got inspired by them plus my husband knows how to bake also so sometimes I help him assist when he's in the kitchen. I did some researching and I usually watch youtube so I could learn myself baking, yeah okay I admit almost everything. 

Later on I tried baking apple cakes, carrot cakes, cheesecakes all by myself. First tries were never perfect so I tried over and over again until I succeeded. 

It doesn't matter if you won't succeed for the first try right? Anyway there's always a second, a third or even more tries, just don't give up. Remember, quitters never win. 

Let me share to you how I made the tasty cake.

The Ingredients
100g sugar, 4 eggyolks and 100g butter mixed together.
Blend with 100g flour and other ingredients(1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar, 4 tablespoons milk)

Put it on the baking pan.
4 Eggwhites and 1 tablespoon sugar.
This is how it looks after putting the eggwhite mixture over the dough.
Make the surface even.
Pour the almond nuts.
Bake it in the oven for about 25-30 minutes under 175 degrees. 
Make the filling: 2 eggyolks, 2 dl milk, 1 1/2 corn flour, 1 tablespoon sugar. 
Put up a little heat and stir it all the time.

Turn off the heat when the mixture gets fluffy and set aside. 2 dl whipped cream with 1 tablespoon sugar and then combine together.

Cut it diagonally, add the filling. Then put the other half over the other in order to look like this..

The finished product!
The verdict? Look at how my brother-in-law smiles while eating his 2nd piece of cake..


Not bad for the first try ;)


Comments

  1. oh so first you can write... then you can do great photography... now you can bake... what's the next surprise gracie? :))

    wish ko lang ako taster mo ngayon. need some sweets over here. throw me a slice of cheesecake & WBC please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe bet mo cheesecake? try ko ulit yan next time, dapat perfect na hehe

      Delete
  2. Oh my! This looks delish! And the name.. World's Best Cake? Siya na talaga! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kainggit naman mga tulad mo na marunong mag-bake. Trip ko magluto but not baking, masyado mabusisi eh. Hehe, tamad lang,, mas masarap kumain eh *angsibalang* hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try mo sigurado maaadik ka hehe. Ganun talaga mabusisi pero ikaw pa, keri yan.

      Delete
  4. ingredients pa lang mukhang masarap na!! patikim naman nyan pls, pls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sige ipa-LBC ko na ng matikman nyo hehe. Regards kay Pinas ;)

      Delete
  5. gratulerer med din beste kake.Jeg baker også slik, men bruker bare kun
    vanilje krem og fløte som fyll. En dag kanskje jeg kan smake din:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. nawala comment ko, so ulit uli. hihi. Jeg sa at jeg baker også slik, men bruker bare vanilje krem og fløte som fyll. Jeg må smake på din versjon en dag:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeg følger den oppskriften på spise.no, mas gusto ko yung filling nya kesa sa vanilje krem lang, very easy pa.

      Delete
  7. Ayos partida sa picture pa lang nakikita namin ano pa kaya kapag pinatikim mo na sa amin. Magandang Araw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baka pagnatikman mo maitanong mo nasan ka at ano pangalan mo hehe. Gandang araw din sayo Inong, napasyal ka ulit ;)

      Delete
  8. ah, pangalan pa lang must-try na :) Daming egss involve ha, infernes! swak na swak sa diet itech!

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha swak na swak nga haruyz todo exercise nalang after o kaya no rice for a month hahaha

      Delete
  9. kumalam sikmura ko .. pramis ..hehehe

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks delish! A definite must try! I've copied the recipe, thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Follow the link sis sa baba may video sya so kahit di mo maintindihan understandable nmn yung step by step process nya. Good luck and enjoy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WBC... looks good! Taste even better for sure! Masarap yata yan over a cup of coffee... tapos sabayan ng kwentuhan... the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

A Penny For Your Thoughts?

I would like to know what you guys think, so please don't hesitate to leave comments. Thank you so much!

Popular posts from this blog

One of the Finest Church in Norway

EMOTIONS

Pano nga ba ulit magblog?