Big Impact

I got this photo from a friend I met while I was on a trip from Philippines back here to Norway. Her name is Claire Mitchell. I found her profile here


It was December 28, 2011 the first time I traveled overseas alone. I was kinda distressed not because I was unaccompanied but it was due to the sickness I had that time. I was more concerned to where I must be seated so that it would be convenient for me when I needed to use the comfort room in no time. I preferred the aisle seat, the problem was that all of the plane reserved seats I got were window seats. 

From Cebu, I took Silkair heading to Singapore, our first stop before Holland and then Norway. There on the plane I took the chance to have a short dialogue with the flight attendants asking them if I'd be allowed changing seats. Of course but according to them I must wait if there is no one occupying it. And if there is, I must ask politely and reason out why I needed to exchange seats. 

Okay so then I waited for a little while and then came a woman with curly dark blonde hair asking if I was sitting on the given assigned seat. Of course I was not, haha I intentionally sat on her seat. Bad me. Okay, I apologized and asked her if we could exchanged seats and explain, she smiled and said it was fine with her since she preferred sitting near the windows. Which I've observed, she was fond of looking out of the window, watching over the clouds, viewing the fascinating scenery while taking photos. I felt relieved knowing somehow we're both comfortable with our respective seats. Wait, have you counted how many times did I mentioned "seats"? I bet.

Anyhoo I thought going solo flight was boring. Just only few minutes, we were already laughing and exchanging personal and brief stories while watching my favorite gag show on board. I must have to mention, how kind she is, she's really an angel sent from heaven to accompany me during my flight. 

To you Ms. Claire, just in case you and your friends stumble upon here, first of all sorry if I needed to make a blog entry about you and posted this photo I got from you. I just want you to know that I am so thankful for the prayers, you know it helped me a lot and that gave a big impact on me. Your prayers were heard - I got all the three seats at the Singapore airlines all by myself on my way here to Norway; I was able to lay down and had enough rest the whole 12 hours flight; The flight attendants were so kind and concerned about me - providing extra blanket, medicine and hot water.

As soon as I arrived Amsterdam in Holland, I was already recovered and wow! at 7 degrees, I was just wearing my summer clothes. I felt I had enough warm and needed no jacket. Our plane was a little delayed but I arrived Norway healthy and safe.

So that's it, hope you got my email, hope you're doing great and having fun. I wish I could visit you there in Davao next year with these cute little kids (shown in the picture). Meeting you was a blessing! God is good all the time, take care always.

Comments

  1. This post proves that traveling alone isn't really hard 'coz you'll surely meet a lot of kindhearted people along the way, and Ms. Claire is one of them. Indeed, meeting someone like her is truly a blessing. :)

    PS: am still the #1...hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! And if ever I would travel solo again, I would choose to sit beside with another Claire Mitchell again :) Blessing talaga sya coz she prayed over me pa para di ako mahirapan sa biyahe, maging comfortable at lalong lalo na gumaleng kaagad yung ubo't sipon ko at nangyari talaga bago pako nakatuntong ng Norway. Diba ang galeng? First time talaga, then on the plane pa nya ginawa yun (medyo nag-isip pako ng konti haha ang weirdo ko I thought kasi naku baka mahaba-habang seremonyas at litaniyas gawin nya dito sa plane eh 10 minutes nalang lalapag na yung plane) but I trusted her right away at short pray over lang naman pala like 3 minutes ganun, so sabi ko yes sure go ahead :D

      Delete
  2. You're lucky! when I went home in Philippines last 2011, may isang Pilipina na ayaw nya talaga mag change ng upu-an at naki-usap ako na lipat lang sya sa upuan ng husband ko para magkatabi kami kasi may anak ako at hinahanap nya daddy nya..hay gusto nya talaga ang bintana , buti na lang yong foreigner nakipag change sya ng upuan sa husband ko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sana ako nalang yung girl.. I would not waste thinking twice giving my window seat kahit kanino, lalo dun sa family on tour, gaya nyo with kids pa. buti nakahanap kayo ng isa pang mabait na foreigner.

      Delete
  3. you traveled in distress and God sent u an "angel" to save you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I hope there's a lot more like her, such an angel talaga. Actually I helped her din when we arrived Changi airport in SG, nalula sya sa laki. Buti daw nandun ako to back her up and show her way kasi siguradong yung one hour left na mauubos sa kakahanap ng gate na pupuntahan nya. Medyo OA sya dun pero naniwala naman ako haha and it was a pleasure naman din helping her back.

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a lovely experiene. I am so glad that you join my follwere and I am your follower na too:)Happy to get to know you. Kababayan:) really, prayers work. and like you, I love seating beside the aisle.
    And sometimes, God really sending someone along our path to help us. Love your blog:)keep in touch kababayan:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk po, btw sa Norway din pala kayo. Nice to know may co-blogger na akong taga dito at siguradong babalik-balikan ko po yung blog nyo :D God bless, thanks sa pagfollow at pagcomment!

      Delete
  5. Such a kindhearted woman! The kids look so happy in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The kids and people around her in the institution loves her a lot and happy to have her as a mentor, according to her, she loves working with them really. Hope I could visit there one day..

      Delete
  6. Wonderful experience! Ang bait naman ni Ms. Claire... pag ganyan katabi mo sa plane, ayos na ayos, walang hassle... minsan may nakipagpalit din sa kin ng upuan, pero di maganda ang experience. From Dubai to Casablanca, kailangan ko magtiis sa putok ng katabi ko... 8 hour flight yon. Narealize ko na naisahan ako nong nakipagpalit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ang hassle naman nun, wow heavy ng putok men. O ha, lapit kana umuwi, magtatravel ka, nawa'y makahanap ka ng magandang pwesto at mabubuting makakatabi para mas maganda experience mo at marami pang masasayang kwento pagbalik mo at pagkikwento mo sa blog mo, dahil aabangan ng supproters mo yan JL ha? Enjoy sa bakasyon :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

A Penny For Your Thoughts?

I would like to know what you guys think, so please don't hesitate to leave comments. Thank you so much!

Popular posts from this blog

EMOTIONS

One of the Finest Church in Norway

Pano nga ba ulit magblog?